Imagine being able to bounce back from illness or injury in a matter of a few days, rather than a few weeks. Envision one substance so powerful that it can improve your focus, decrease your allergy symptoms and treat a range of conditions, from high blood pressure to Parkinson’s disease. It may sound like science fiction, but people from all walks of life are discovering the incredible benefits of a signaling peptide called BPC-157.
The Basics of BPC-157
The “BPC” in BPC-157 stands for “body protective compound.” It is a substance synthesized from peptides the human digestive system secretes naturally. Within your body, your gut uses tiny amounts of the natural form of BPC-157 to protect and heal itself.
People from elite athletes to so-called “bio-hackers” are reporting a diverse range of physical and mental health benefits from using BPC-157. But what makes it so amazingly effective?
Devotees of BPC-157 claim the substance acts upon the gut-brain axis, which influences all interactions between the brain, gut, and microbiome and the endocrine, immune and nervous systems. Due to the complexity of the gut-brain axis, more research is necessary to understand how all these systems work in concert within the body, but what we do know reveals many insights as to why BPC-157 might have such widespread beneficial effects.
The Importance of the Gut-Brain Axis and the Microbiome
Out of all the components of the gut-brain axis, there is increasing evidence that the microbiome is the most important part. Like many people, you have probably heard the term “microbiome” without ever really knowing exactly what it means. The word refers to all microorganisms in or on a host, as well as their genetic material.
As you may know, the human body plays host to many different microorganisms. These tiny creatures live on your skin and in your mouth, but the place where they particularly congregate is in your digestive system. Tens of trillions of microorganisms, including at least 1,000 different species of known bacteria, inhabit human intestines. One-third of these microorganisms are common to most people, while two-thirds are specific to each one of us. In other words, the microbiotic population in your intestine is as unique to you as your fingerprints or the pattern of your irises.
What we now know is that the gut microbiome is highly sensitive to change. A growing body of research is linking disruptions to the microbiome with the pervasiveness of allergies, autoimmune diseases, metabolic and neuropsychiatric disorders affecting society today.
Scientists have yet to fully unlock the secrets of the gut-brain axis and exactly how it ties into BPC-157, but one thing we do know is that since this peptide has such strong healing properties, it can help stabilize and re-balance your microbiome when something throws it off, thus bringing your body back into greater harmony.
Conditions BPC-157 Can Treat
If you suffer with sore muscles and joints, wounds that are slow to heal, depression and anxiety or digestive-related issues such as a leaky gut or irritable bowel syndrome, research is increasingly revealing that BPC-157 could help trigger your body’s natural healing process to offer the rapid relief other remedies can’t provide.
● Improved healing: BPC-157 can accelerate the body’s natural healing processes by increasing the activity of the body’s growth hormone receptor. It can also ramp up the body’s collagen production. Below are some of the conditions BPC-157 can treat.
● Better mental health: BPC-157 may improve symptoms of depression and anxiety because it affects the release of serotonin and dopamine, two neurotransmitters that help regulate mood and your ability to get a good night’s sleep. In a lab test, BPC-157 was shown to have successful antidepressant effects on rats.
● Digestive function: BPC-157 prevents development of gastric ulcers and heals existing ulcers by reducing the ulcer area and accelerating the rebuilding of glandular epithelium and formation of granulation tissue.
● Blood pressure: BPC-157 was shown to stabilize blood pressure in lab rats, thus protecting the cardiovascular system.
● Inflammatory bowel disease: Within days of oral administration in lab rats, BPC-157 was able to repair much of the damage done by IBS.
● Repair the gut lining: BPC-157 can effectively counter the damaging effects of long-term use of drugs called NSAIDs – some of the most common pain relief medications in the world – on the gut lining.
How You Can Learn More About BPC-157
As you’ve now read, BPC-157 can address a vast variety of conditions and complaints, and scientists are still discovering even more every day. Better yet, BPC-157 has virtually no risk of side effects and has been shown to be very safe to use, since it mimics a substance your body produces naturally.
If you’ve never heard of this healing peptide before reading this website, you might be wondering why you aren’t seeing commercials for it everywhere, or hearing all your friends singing its praises. One of the reasons – as we’ve previously mentioned – is that scientific